Monday, January 25, 2010

And the day gets better...

Today, I conducted my band for the first time. I am going to be assuming the majority of the responsibilities for the Symphonic Band, and today, we met eachother for the first time :)

I started with chair placement. I had been holding auditions for a week, and finally they were done. After chair placement, we warmed up. Im not sure if it was because Mr. Williams was in the room, but these kids were GOLDEN CHILDREN....not a peep. And where they was a whisper, all I had to do was look at them, shake my head "no", and again, there was silence. FABULOUS

They have an overall good sound, and they are overall good workers. I want to make their "overall" status into a spectacular status. And honestly, if days go as well as they did today (which they may not), then we can reach that. I know its going to take a lot of work, but I am so pumped right now to make them great.

After the horrid behavior of second hour, I am glad that these kids are my band :)

No comments:

Post a Comment